The Sketchbook Project adventure

Happy New Year! 


With each New Year, we take resolutions, and one of mine this year was to join the  2018 sketchbook project.

Yes, I know, I'm often not really fully aware of what I am getting myself into...



I have to choose a theme among those proposed, and draw inside the sketchbook, then return it before march 31st, 2018.

So I have received that sketchbook and, first feeling :  The paper won't like what I want to do!
But I took several deep breaths and decided to take the paper off, and replace it with my own paper.  (yes, it is allowed)
So I will use the paper I wish, and hopefully it will give the impression I want.
As for the binding, heck, I will learn.

I chose my theme, and began to draw, after making tests on the paper, to see how it behaves.
and here are my first drawings...
It's going to tell a story, sort of.

The title is "Underwater dreams".


 I didn't want to add the text directly on the drawing, because it felt it would be overloaded, so I had the idea of using tracing paper.
I like that idea, somehow :)

So here is the drawing once the tracing paper page is turned... Stay tuned for the rest!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...

I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...