Finally turning my art into something...

Hi all!

It's been a while since I published here, because, you know, life happens...
A while ago, I took the excellent online course from the excellent Sketchbook Skool, that was called "Illustration Nation".
I wasn't sure what I would do with that, but I liked the idea, to be able to learn how to complete a project from the idea to the final product.

So I did the Kourse, not really sure what project to bring to life.
I chose the Sketchbook Project at first, because I had a deadline on it (which I am totally going to ignore, by the way).
But then I had a really hard time keeping drawing or painting, because my project was kinda complicated (rebinding a sketchbook, not using the original paper that wasn't suited to my medium) and so I sort of let it down for now.
But I still wanted to achieve something, and have a product, something final that anyone could buy.
So allow me a remark, here.
 I am really really GRATEFUL to Sketchbook Skool for the zillion advices and the support i always get there. And those advices are priceless.
Here's why:
They say that keeping a sketchbook is a way to store ideas, thoughts, and maybe use them later for something else.
That's exactly what happened for those flower bouquets I did.
A year ago, I had drawn "portraits of flowers" somehow, on a Posca marker background, using Uni-Pin markers, and i liked the result, but the composition was not great.

Then, a few months ago, I bought square blank greeting cards thinking I would have a use of those at some point, maybe for Christmas.
Of course I didn't use them then, but just recently, when I decided I would make a lovely card for my dear friend Sybyle.

I wanted to draw a flower bouquet, because it is spring, and it is a lovely feeling to get flowers, even on a card, so that's what i did, with a PittArtist pen.
When i had finished, I realised it needed color, so I did a LOT of trials and errors using all sorts of paints, because the card paper is kinda special, with a pearly glossiness that is really pretty, but led me to think painting on it might be difficult.

Well, painting on it was not difficult. It was impossible. I tried to make splashes, stains, using watercolor, using the lovely Sennelier inks, using even gouache. Nothing. All I could stain was the top I was wearing.

So I remembered the flowers and I used my Posca markers, I had forgotten how so very much I love those!
I did it the other way, and began to make a background on which it was easy to apply the PittArtist pen.
Yay!

I have uploaded the results on Redbubble, fumbled a lot with the settings, the uploading, discovering how to resize my work, how to clean it digitally, then, tah dah! here it is!
My Redbubble shop

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...

I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...