A sunny Sunday afternoon

So yesterday I decided to try out my brand new Sailor fude 40° fountain pen, and go sketch, as the weather was nice and sunny... I packed a few things (including watercolors) and hit the road to end up in Dampierre en Yvelines and try to sketch its lovely Mansard castle (there is a hill in front of the castle, that allows to get a nice view).
The tourists were swarming the place, but the rather steep hill gave me just muffled sound and a nice feeling of activity without getting all the inconvenience of a crowd, so i had a really nice moment.

I began sketching and suddenly heard a buzzing noise, as if a hundred bees were swarming at me: it was a swarm of vespas! They aligned their vespas in front of the castle, got a flag out and took a zillion souvenir photos! I HAD to take a picture as I suspected they wouldn't stay long enough for me to include them into my sketch (and i was so right, as they hit the road again just afterI took my photo, as one of them mentioned beer would be offered somewhere).

I went on sketching, getting really pleased with that fountain pen and of course I over did the pen work before realizing the ink that was in the cartridges wasn't waterproof!
But hey, that's life!
And I tried not to put too much color to avoid smudges, I'll probably do better another time, but the afternoon was really nice!

Here is the finished sketch:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...

I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...