I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...

So yes, I took my folding chair, my wonderful Japanese fountain pens and my watercolors, and i went for it.
Of course a few people looked at me funny, sitting there on the sidewalk and obviously doing something, but soon enough, they just ignored me (which suited me perfectly, in that case). Never underestimate the ability of Frenchies to ignore the others!

I got the pen sketch first, the owner of the pressoir went next to me, but he was only getting his car that was parked on the "champs de foire" behind me and went in, ignoring me totally), then i took a reference picture, because it was getting late in the afternoon and i was afraid I couldn't get a good color reference if i waited too long.
And here we go:

Of course the lettering was a bummer, but I breathed evenly, trying to focus on drawing those letters, and forgetting they were letters... and it worked!

"Le vieux pressoir means "the old press" and it was used to press apples to make cider back in the days.

All in all, a wonderful sunny day in good old France!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...