When things go wrong...



When things go wrong, there are two possibilities:
Either just scribble your drawing and start a new one (which is what I usually do)
Or try something new to rescue it!

Today I felt I would try the latter, because I had done this on a nice background that I had prepared in advance, and I didn't want to ruin said background.

I wanted to try a Sktchy portrait that was challenging, so I chose that close-up on a face that was blurred in lights.
I picked my brushpen, and began with the left eyebrow (for some reason I often begin with eyebrows) and yikes, it was too big, the eyes got unaligned, and so on.
I felt discouraged, hesitant to just abandon it, because of the background, and vaguely stubborn.

So I picked my Posca Markers and decided to try and do the portrait with those, painting values, and see how it goes.

My first nice surprise is that I could cover some of my mistakes with the Posca marker (oh Gosh, did I mention I LOVE those??)

Then I just picked different colors and tried to adapt what I saw. It happened to turn out rather nice, so I am happy I was stubborn on that one.

So my conclusion is: when it seems awful, just try something new and turn it into something else, and don't give up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...

I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...