Drawing while watching series:" Wanted" a great Australian show

Yup, I do that too: marathon watching series is great! And of course I have to draw some of the characters as I do, because at some point, because I have watched the series for quite a moment, it's almost as if I knew them: I know how they look, but also how they move, the kind of emotions they convey. So at some point i can freeze the screen and draw, and I find it so much easier to do so, than from a photo, because :
1. I choose the image I freeze, so it becomes "mine", somehow
2. I don't have to be accurate, I got them by the series, so I know my portrait will be "right" nevertheless.
I liked "Wanted" a lot, because :
It's set in Australia and in Thailand and also in New Zealand.
The characters are "quite ordinary" people to whom extraordinary things happen, by chance.
It's a wonderful friendship tale.
The music is great, and the filming is lovely.
I didn't draw all characters, just a few who I had to draw, playing with the Pentel Brush and the grey ink brush (don't ask me the brand, it's all written in Japanese)
Will from Wanted

Kel Morrisson from Wanted

Lola from Wanted

Comments

  1. I binged on that show and loved every minute of it! You did a great job capturing the players!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHATNIC 1 : Inspiration!

Time flies...

I've always wanted to sketch that lovely spot...